Monday, January 24, 2011

Tale as old as time, tune as old as song, bitter sweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong.

"Tales don't tell themselves." - Funeral of a Friend's 3rd album.



I don't believe in fairy tales :( I don't believe in a world without war, and I don't believe in knights in shining armor. There's no such thing as perfect. No such thing as happily ever after. Unloved step-daughters do not turn into princess, kisses don't heal, and frogs don't turn into princess.

But I do believe in reality. I believe in hurt and suffering, like I believe in pain and loss. I believe in the little kid who sits by the door waiting for his/her daddy to come home. I believe in the teenage girl who looks in the mirror and doesn't see "pretty", like I believe in the teenage boy with a weed in his hands and his sight is covered by thick smokes. I believe in the young woman left alone by her fiance, like I believe the young man who is not good enough in his father's eyes. I believe in the young parent with a child in heaven. I believe in the man preparing his mother's funeral. I believe in the old lady & man living along in a convalescent home, like I believe in the old lady & man lying in a hospital bed.. fighting for their lives.

Life is not a fairy tale me thinks. We just have to hang on to that shred of hope that if we wish hard enough, our wishes will come true, although the rational part of us knows they never will....

.... And that's what dreams are for.

"I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye." (Affirmation - Savage Garden)

♥, Me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So TRUE and TOTALLY SEDIH at the same time :_____(

Adinda Adhit said...

Oh my... this is so painful :'-( but I couldn't agree more, reality bites!